Friday, May 29, 2015

Easter--half marathon

Where to start again!!!!:(   here goes just for my own record of happenings in our lives!   easter wknd Mel ,back and family came down again, the guys turkey hunted, we had a great time even tho I got soooo sick again:( don't know why that seems to happen that time of year.    and I didn't take hardly any pics......                                                         HALF MARATHON                           I prob would never have done this if my sister would not have talked me into it, plans were in the beginning to run it together,  sooo after Christmas I started training, I have been running for a few years but never more than 3 miles and did my first 5k last year,  there were 2 other ladies in church that run to and one ran the Nashville 1/2 and the other one just did her 1/2, so we trained together which was great for long runs! they got me to do some TRX which I really enjoyed just didn't have a lot of time with 1/2 training ..mabe when things slow down again:)    my sis ended up not being able to come down so the lady I was training with ran it with me,(yea she did 2 1/2s this spring)  and I got really really sick the wknd before it was chest congestion , a bad cough and being weak all week, the worst ive felt in a long time!! I considered not doing it but after the hrs of training and all I decided im going to cross that finish line somehow!!   I did!  after a ton of prayers!! I didn't cough much while running but sounded awful when I stopped:)   it was fun and im starting to enjoy longer runs, I really want to do one this fall yet, running has taught me sooo much !   It has become part of my lifestyle and as long as the Lord grants me health I hope to continue:)))
easter wknd

race time


i will rise up on wings like and eagle, i will run and not grow weary,walk and not faint...was our verse,,, wrote it as a reminder on our arms:)

the running group!! ran up the mountain for our training run,


back at the motel, pretty much how i felt right then:)

finish line:)

No comments:

Post a Comment